There are some fairly major changes coming soon to how posts are closed, you may want to read up on the details:
- Closing changes: [on hold], unclear, too broad, opinion-based, off-topic reasons, bye-bye to Too Localized
- Responding to your “too localized” concerns
We will need to come up with our own list of custom off topic reasons for Politics. These reasons will be available to close voters after they have picked the generic "off topic" one. Here's a screenshot of Meta Stack Overflow's close dialog, where the new system is already available:
The "other" option will allow a custom message, when none of the three custom reasons applies:
If you have an "off topic" reason you'd like to nominate, please post it as an answer. Some general guidelines:
- One reason per answer, so they can be voted separately.
- Examples to existing closed questions that would fit your custom reason would be immensely helpful.
- If there's already an answer with a reason similar to what you have in mind, but with a slightly different phrasing, please consider commenting on the existing answer and refining the phrasing instead of posting a new answer.
For reference, our current "off topic" questions are:
- Which open source licenses have been tested in a US or EU court?
- Why does Israel count in many ways as European country?
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1562 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1446 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1441 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1189 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1188 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1178 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1173 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1153 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1145 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/1037 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/980 (2K+ rep link)
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/q/188 (2K+ rep link)