So far I have only asked four questions on this site and it seems that I consistently ask bad questions, though personally I think they are really interesting questions and maybe even good questions.
Is is that I'm really that bad at asking questions or is it just a fact that most interesting questions (at least interesting to me) are bound to be controversial?
I have gone through the help guide but I'm still unable to edit my questions in a way that they can be taken seriously.
For example, take my latest question: Is there any correlation between gender inequality and women choosing making porn for a living?
All I needed when I asked the question was some pointers to literature about the relationship between gender inequality and making porn for a living.
- I didn't ask for opinions on the subject. I got opinions anyway.
- I think the question is not open-ended. It must have a definite answer, if there's any literature about the topic then the answer would be a pointer to such literature, if no one knows any literature then it should just stay there, inactive. On the contrary I got down votes and other users rambling in the comments section.
- After being down-voted, I requested feedback in the comments but I got no answer at all that would help me improve the question.
So I all have now is more questions:
- Is there a more appropriate site to ask questions like those four?
- How would you edit any of those questions so that it is answerable given the format in this site?