Update: The two most upvoted close reasons have now been enabled. Let's see how they work out in practice. We re-added the auto-generated "not about [site-topic] as described in the help-center" close reason as a 3rd reason, because it disappeared when we added the other two.
Currently we only have these standard reasons:
- Unclear what you are asking
- Too broad
- Primarily opinion-based
- This question does not appear to be about governments, policies and political processes within the scope defined in the help center.
We are able to add up to three additional custom close reasons for Politics.SE. They will appear in the "close question" dialog after selecting "Off topic because...".
Which Politics.SE specific close reasons should we add?
We already had this discussion in 2013, but it seems like back then the site was not yet mature enough to come to a proper consensus. But now Politics.SE should be long enough in beta that we can identify common patterns for questions which are not a good fit for this website.
If you answer to this meta-question, I recommend that you follow this form:
- Post only one reason per answer.
- Add a draft for the reason description.
- Link some questions from the main-site which should have been (or should be) closed with this reason.