Are we voting by political preference, rather than by quality of answer, as warned for in this area51 post? That includes myself.
I find that there are many controversial posts, with many up- and many downvotes. Such votes appear to be the ones that are most political. Are people downvoting for an objective reason, or because they simply disagree with assertions in the post? Votes are anonymous, so the question is hard to answer directly. For those who have followed the site closely in the past few days, the political leaning of some (but not all) frequent posters is already quite clear.
Below is a selection of posts that have received both upvotes and downvotes. For some of those votes, despite having one or more downvotes, there are no comments. Some posts seem quite well researched, but still somehow opiniated. Does it seem people are downvoting for political disagreement reasons, rather than post quality?
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/325/130 +2 -2
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/262/130 +5 -2
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/342/130 +1 -2
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/257/130 +4 -1
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/332/130 +2 -1
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/226/130 +2 -1
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/239/130 +2 -1
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/325/130 +5 -3
- https://politics.stackexchange.com/a/178/130 +2 -1