Professional developer and software architect. Yes, people pay me for this stuff; don't expect the same level of service for free.
I like code that's explicit and well-structured more than code that's clever and concise. That probably goes with my tendency to use more words than I need to in sentences like this one which is still going on for some reason.
Developer in PHP, and occasionally a developer of PHP (although my C skills have plenty of room for improvement). Yes, PHP has its flaws, no I do not want to hear your childish jokes about those flaws.
I tend to downvote answers that give a literal code solution to the problem posed with no accompanying explanation, as they miss the opportunity to teach people how to solve the problem themselves next time.
If I'm arguing with you after 23:00 UTC, please tell me to go to bed!
- Stack Overflow 68.5k 68.5k 77 gold badges8989 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- Skeptics 5.1k 5.1k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Information Security 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.6k 2.6k 1313 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.3k 2.3k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1482 Save PL/pgSQL output from PostgreSQL to a CSV file
- 158 Did NOAA publish a fake map with temperature data it doesn't have?
- 153 Can PHP PDO Statements accept the table or column name as parameter?
- 110 Did 96% of Hillary Clinton's 2015 charitable donations go to the Clinton Family Foundation?
- 95 Does New York City legally recognize 31 different genders?
- 90 Couldnt identify equality operator of type json when using UNION
- 84 Did Neil Armstrong write such a letter to a skeptic?
- View more network posts →