I would describe talking to the left as "preaching to a bee hive." This is a play on the expression "preaching to the choir."
You won't convince the bees. They'll keep buzzing (ironically self-referring to the buzz in the name of one of their meccas, BuzzFeed).
But if they feel threatened by you, they'll immediately gang up on you and sting you, one by one, until they are sure that you are no longer a threat.
Member for 2 years, 6 months
298 profile views
Last seen May 1 at 23:22
- Politics 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 425 425 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Law 367 367 22 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 231 231 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 186 186 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 64 Why shouldn't BBC have to register as a foreign agent?
- 39 Why is counting election totals more difficult than lottery administration?
- 26 Is there a *political* schism between former Soviet Jews and other Jews in the US?
- 26 Why wasn't Elena Kagan's lack of *judicial* experience an issue?
- 22 When is a democratic vote actually the wrong tool?
- 19 What are the Republicans' arguments for blaming the Democrats for the shutdown?
- 13 Political parties active in multiple countries
- View more network posts →