I would describe talking to the left as "preaching to a bee hive." This is a play on the expression "preaching to the choir."
You won't convince the bees. They'll keep buzzing (ironically self-referring to the buzz in the name of one of their meccas, BuzzFeed).
But if they feel threatened by you, they'll immediately gang up on you and sting you, one by one, until they are sure that you are no longer a threat.
Member for 4 years, 1 month
451 profile views
Last seen Oct 12 '20 at 19:32
- Politics 5.8k 5.8k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Law 1.9k 1.9k 99 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 450 450 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 261 261 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 186 186 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 64 Why shouldn't BBC have to register as a foreign agent?
- 39 Why is counting election totals more difficult than lottery administration?
- 36 If the President's power to grant pardons is absolute, could he face any consequences?
- 29 Is there a *political* schism between former Soviet Jews and other Jews in the US?
- 26 Why wasn't Elena Kagan's lack of *judicial* experience an issue?
- 22 When is a democratic vote actually the wrong tool?
- 19 What are the Republicans' arguments for blaming the Democrats for the shutdown?
- View more network posts →