Rebecca J. Stones
I'm an associate professor at Nankai University in China. I have a PhD in pure mathematics from Monash University, Australia (awarded 2010; math genealogy), Erdős number 2 (paper), and the 2012 Kirkman medal.
My current research interests include:
- Mathematics: Latin squares, graph algorithms, the Tutte polynomial, etc.;
- Computer science: storage systems, search engines, codes and cryptography, etc.;
- Computational biology: evolution (e.g. here), network motifs;
- Psychology: gender studies. (My paper here was mentioned in the Washington Post.)
I'm trying to improve my Chinese to the point where I can present my research. My Chinese name is 李蓓 (Lǐbèi).
I love traveling, and I've been to these countries: Austria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Scotland, Spain, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, USA, Wales.
I converted to Islam on the 5-th June, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey. My Arabic name is جنة (Jannah).
Here's me in Iran, 19 May, 2017:
Here's me in Indonesia, 9 August, 2017:
Here's me having a tender moment with the Sphinx, 7 February, 2018:
(Updated: 28 May, 2018.)
Member for 1 year, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 10 at 14:02
- Mathematics 21.2k 21.2k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Islam 13.2k 13.2k 1212 gold badges5656 silver badges192192 bronze badges
- Academia 5.9k 5.9k 55 gold badges3232 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Chinese Language 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Chess 1.6k 1.6k 1010 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 184 Gender transition as a starting faculty member: a terrible idea?
- 133 Should I simply ignore it if authors assume that I'm male in their response to my review of their article?
- 87 Typical experiences of transgender people in academia?
- 84 Typical experiences of transgender people in academia?
- 79 Does the string of prime numbers contain all natural numbers?
- 75 Is it okay to mention we're citing an article only because a reviewer told us to?
- 72 In Massachusetts, can someone be "arrested and fined up to fifty-thousand dollars" for reporting suspicious behavior in a women's bathroom?
- View more network posts →