.map()(or any other array iteration method like
.forEach() or a loop. In general, use the array methods for their purpose:
.map- I have an array, I another array where each item is based on the first one
.mapbut I use it when each new item also an array
.filter- I have an array, I need less of it
.find- I have an array, I need one item from it
.findIndex- I have an array, I need the index of an item
.some- I have an array, I need to check if at least one item passes a check
.every- I have an array, I need to see if all items pass a check
.forEach- I have an array, I need to do something with each item. Usually I don't want to return anything.
.reduceRight- I have an array, I need to make it into "one value". I'll have to check if I really need to use reduce for this.
do..whileloops if the problem can't (or doesn't need to) fit into one of the above.
- Using regular expressions when you need "something with text" instead of parsing, simple string manipulation, or basic arithmetic, and so on.
- Generating DOM content as a string of HTML.
- Explanations that say "This works fine" and then proceed to show a problem thus proving it doesn't work "fine".
- Unformatted code.
- Stack Overflow 19.9k 19.9k 88 gold badges3636 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 6.6k 6.6k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 879 879 22 gold badges99 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 779 779 11 gold badge77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 72 Is it good practice to echo PHP code into inline JS?
- 71 Why would people bury their dead in tombs when they might become zombies?
- 53 Where could a vampire get blood without harming people?
- 51 What would cause a culture to keep a distinct weapon for centuries?
- 46 Backwards the migration close reason text is
- 41 Origin of genies (from lamps) having a three wish limit?
- View more network posts →