Author. My most recent publication is "[An Archeology of the Fall]" See website details for further info and reviews.
An Archaeology of the Fall is one of the first truly creative expositions of this unfolding age, described by John Deely in Four Ages of Understanding: The First Postmodern Survey of Philosophy from Ancient Times to the Turn of the Twentieth Century (2001, University of Toronto Press).
I have written about "my personal terrifying experiences in Persia!!! as an archeologist" My book is now available for Freshmen seminar with an instructor's guide for the 2014-2015 school year.
My personal interests are very diverse: Comparative religion- esp Muslim, Jews, and Christians; Semiotics, linguistics, philosophy of language, rhetoric and propaganda; History; Public health, esp. mental health. Although some of my experience is traditional, I also believe that art and literature are important to improving, understanding and solving modern mental health crises. I have used this with good results for old age dementia, but many find journals, painting, dance, ect very important for recovery from/ treatment for depression, autism, bipolar or other developmental or mental health problems.
Please let me know if you have questions or you would like an advanced copy to you, your class or university! Most is pay-walled as it is quite popular, so please just let me know.
Other info: I am originally from Persia (Iran). I live in the US currently, but I have lived in many countries. I love animals, especially the camel, a deeply misunderstood animal...
Top network posts
- 44 Did Roman troops suffer from PTSD?
- 36 How many people in the US starved to death during the Great Depression?
- 34 What is the United States' interest in Ukraine?
- 27 Why didn't the Greeks or Romans have an Industrial Revolution?
- 24 Why didn't Henry A. Wallace become President in 1945?
- 19 Without government, who would build the roads?
- 16 What political mechanism prevent US army commandment to launch a coup?
- View more network posts →