Chess: Club player in England, (+- 1640 ELO). With that rating I'm not going to provide too much insights into the subtleties of the game itself, but I am strangely fascinated with its social aspects.
Philosophy: Scientific realist, hard physicalist. I used to take it seriously, but these days I find philosophical musings rather tedious.
Job: Java/Enterprise, banking
Physics: Just an interested observer
Member for 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 at 12:54
- Chess 4.6k 4.6k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 819 819 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Philosophy 473 473 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Politics 371 371 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Physics 338 338 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 63 Is it normal to spend as much, if not more, time writing tests than actual code?
- 29 Are there moves in chess that are considered unsporting?
- 27 What is the correct pawn promotion procedure?
- 26 What prevents a government from taxing its citizens living abroad?
- 21 Is the second law of thermodynamics a fundamental law, or does it emerge from other laws?
- 20 Proven ways to improve calculation speed
- 20 Why do some players consider it rude not to accept a rematch in online blitz?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.