After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
Member for 3 years, 5 months
22 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 '18 at 18:57
- Law 65.1k 65.1k 44 gold badges8383 silver badges173173 bronze badges
- Politics 25.7k 25.7k 33 gold badges6565 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 9.4k 9.4k 3131 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Physics 2.7k 2.7k 1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 332 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 167 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 159 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 134 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 114 Is it truly illegal for the US army to hire someone with IQ less than 83?
- 100 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- 99 Stealing my own property back?
- View more network posts →