After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
Member for 4 years, 8 months
23 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 '18 at 18:57
- Law 93.9k 93.9k 77 gold badges133133 silver badges274274 bronze badges
- Politics 36.9k 36.9k 44 gold badges102102 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 9.9k 9.9k 3333 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Physics 3.5k 3.5k 1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 342 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 169 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 163 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 134 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 121 Is it truly illegal for the US Armed Forces to hire someone whose IQ is less than 83?
- 106 Stealing my own property back?
- 100 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- View more network posts →