Member for 4 years, 11 months
After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
- Law 104.6k 104.6k 77 gold badges156156 silver badges312312 bronze badges
- Politics 40.7k 40.7k 55 gold badges111111 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 10k 10k 3333 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Physics 3.6k 3.6k 1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2k 2k 22 gold badges66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 345 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 170 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 163 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 134 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 122 Is it truly illegal for the US Armed Forces to hire someone whose IQ is less than 83?
- 106 Stealing my own property back?
- 100 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- View more network posts →