After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
Member for 4 years, 4 months
23 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 '18 at 18:57
- Law 85.1k 85.1k 77 gold badges119119 silver badges243243 bronze badges
- Politics 34.4k 34.4k 44 gold badges9696 silver badges139139 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 9.9k 9.9k 3333 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Physics 2.9k 2.9k 1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 341 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 169 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 162 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 133 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 119 Is it truly illegal for the US Armed Forces to hire someone whose IQ is less than 83?
- 104 Stealing my own property back?
- 100 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- View more network posts →