After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
22 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 '18 at 18:57
- Law 61.8k 61.8k 44 gold badges7676 silver badges163163 bronze badges
- Politics 25.1k 25.1k 33 gold badges6161 silver badges107107 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 9.3k 9.3k 2929 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Physics 2.7k 2.7k 1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.8k 1.8k 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 333 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 163 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 158 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 134 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 113 Is it truly illegal for the US army to hire someone with IQ less than 83?
- 100 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- 98 Stealing my own property back?
- View more network posts →